Jam Doughnut Muffins
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar (works well with raw sugar also)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1 large egg
- 175ml milk (I used soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A good-quality jam (I used plum jam)
- ground cinnamon sugar to sprinkle
Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then the caster sugar.
- In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Fill each indent with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Cover the jam with the remaining muffin mixture,
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly (jam is very hot so be strong and wait for muffins to cool).