I wrote a few weeks ago about giving up sugar. It wasn’t as hard as I thought, though that said, I can’t say it has been entirely painless.
I have found that if I eat protein for breakfast, such as an egg, then I have a much easier day of being sugar free. If I eat healthy main meals then the snacking is not so tempting.
So far, I appear to have lost 2kgs without any other change to my diet, or any increase in exercise. It is a slow process, but at least something is happening.
If I can just shed 1 kg a month for the next 12 months, I will be well within my healthy weight range.
I actually think I feel better, and I have more energy. I haven’t been suffering from the mid afternoon slump that I usually experience.So far, I think I have gained more positives, than things I have missed out on.
There will always be another chocolate cake to eat. I don’t have to rush.
Staycation Tuesday was a quiet affair. Daughter2 and I baked the family’s Christmas cake. Nothing like cutting up dried fruit and sifting spices to make us realise how incredibly fast this year has gone. Hopefully, the best is yet to come!
There was a little brandy left in the bottle, I swear. Amazing how it evaporates in the bottle though…
My Ella Bache carry bag has the statement “skin good enough to eat” emblazoned on it.
Now I keep thinking of Nazis and skin lamp shades. Pass the fava beans, please
Tagged by Mum of Four to give you four!
FOUR PLACES I GO….
- School – whichever school I am working at each term.
- My hometown to visit my Mum, Sister and BIL, or to catch up with school friends. Not as often as I used to, which is sad.
- My hairdresser and beautician who are actually several suburbs away, a hang over from the days of the Basement of Discontent, but they accommodate my ways and won’t talk when I need quiet .
- The local garden nursery to buy seedlings. It combines a restaurant, gift shop and plant nursery and I love to browse.
FOUR CRUSHES I HAVE……..
- Bruce Springsteen
- Liam Neeson
- Steve Carrell
- My first crush was David MacCallum back in the Man from U.N.C.L.E days.
FOUR SMELLS THAT I LOVE…..
- clean, sun dried clothes and bed linen
- rain settled dust
FOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOWS
- Big Bang Theory (I can’t help myself)
- Midsommer Murders
- Downton Abbey
- Colbert Report
FOUR FAVOURITE MOVIES…..
- You’ve Got Mail (bookshops, people!)
- The Help
- Finding Forrester
- Any, and I mean any, movie based on Jane Austen’s novels.
- You can get some great gifts on milestone birthdays – maybe it is the sympathy vote, who knows, or cares. Show other people how to do it with style. Plan a series of events, not just one party with a bang. Lots of smaller intimate events nourish the soul.
- Two wrongs don’t make a right.
- Continue learning – something, anything. Get a degree, taking up whittling, or whistling or whatever takes your fancy but keep your interests alive.
- Don’t live through your children. Live beside your children.